This will be the first year that most of my entries will be tatted. I expect them to do well because I haven't seen many (any?) tatted items there before. So. . . the odds are good for ribbons :) Half the fun is trying to see how many different categories we can get things into.
Here are my ideas so far:
- TOYS/STUFFED ANIMALS - a knit poodle (finished)
- NEEDLEWORK ORNAMENTS - tatted snowflake ornament (finished)
- DOILIES - duet doily (finished)
- TATTED ITEM - star doily in a trivet (tatting finished, have to get trivet and mount)
- USEFUL ARTICLE - tea towel (edging and insertion motifs about 1/2 finished)
- TABLE SCARF/RUNNER - dresser scarf with painted design (if I can resolve my edging issues)
- FLORAL ARRANGEMENT/HOLIDAY, NOT CHRISTMAS - thinking about putting the tatted easter eggs in a vase with a ribbon and some greens
- PICTURES/NEEDLEWORK - may tat a butterfly and mount it in a frame
- PURSE - made a bag from an old corduroy mini skirt, may embellish it with tatting scraps if I have time
- STOCKING - This is a longshot, but if I get really ambitious at the last minute (which is always a great adrenaline rush), I have visions of a velvet stocking embellished CQ style with tatting.
Summertime is so much fun (one of the huge benefits of teaching)!