I've finally finished the large butterfly for Elizabeth's quilt. This gives me 6 blocks, and I think I'm going to set them together with strips and make a wall hanging from them. Her birthday is this Friday, and I'm feeling a need to try to finish this project. This butterfly has been a journey for me. The sample was in my dad's things, a finished piece done by his mother. He tried to write out the pattern, but I couldn't follow it. My mother had tatted a couple of them and sewn them onto a pillowcase, so I used those to make a diagram from which I was able to work. Needless to say, I'm proud of this one. Elizabeth's quilt will have a family legacy of tatting in this block.