Sunday, September 27, 2009

Butterfly

I've finally finished the large butterfly for Elizabeth's quilt. This gives me 6 blocks, and I think I'm going to set them together with strips and make a wall hanging from them. Her birthday is this Friday, and I'm feeling a need to try to finish this project. This butterfly has been a journey for me. The sample was in my dad's things, a finished piece done by his mother. He tried to write out the pattern, but I couldn't follow it. My mother had tatted a couple of them and sewn them onto a pillowcase, so I used those to make a diagram from which I was able to work. Needless to say, I'm proud of this one. Elizabeth's quilt will have a family legacy of tatting in this block.


11 comments:

Just_Jeannette said...

WOW! That is VERY pretty!:)

TAT19540 said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous. It will make a lovel addition to your quilt.

Krystle said...

Lovely! would you be able to post the pattern?

Thelma said...

Beautiful Joy!! Awesome butterfly!

Unknown said...

The butterfly is beautiful! Where did you get the pattern? I'd love to tat it up, too! :)

~TattingChic ♥

Art by JoyMac said...

WOW that is gorgeous
Joy in OZ

IsDihara said...

Beautiful lil' flutterby! What thread did you use to create it? The colors are so pretty.

Fox said...

Nicely done and very pretty! Fox : )

Unknown said...

Beautifull buterfly. It is going to make a very special gift for Elizabeth.

Marty said...

That's absolutely lovely. The colors you've chosen just emphasize the charm of the pattern. It's going to look beautiful on your quilt.

Nancy G said...

How is the 'Elizbeth quilt' coming along?