Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The results are in!

We didn't get soaked at the Farm Show, but we did stand inside the antiques building and then outside under the awning for over an hour waiting it out, then got sprinkled on here and there. I got 4 blue ribbons (first place) and one white (third place). They had an error in the judging in the doilies and changed my category number on the flower garden doily, so it ended up with no ribbon. I got a bunch of apologies, but I'm still not sure that I really buy their explanation. Something was fishy. So, here are the "official" results:

baby bonnet - blue ribbon
ornament - blue ribbon
vintage case - blue ribbon
purple oval doily - blue ribbon
eagle pillow - white ribbon
flower garden doily - nothing
hanky - nothing

If it's not raining this afternoon, I'll go back out and walk around some more. We didn't get to play our ring-toss game or eat everything we wanted (can we ever eat everything we want??).

7 comments:

Krystle said...

Good job! I'm too chicken to entere anything....I've actually never looked to see if there is any tatting entered :-)

IsDihara said...

Very impressive showing, even if the flower garden doily didn't get a ribbon. It is ribbon worthy and a lovely piece. Darn the miserable luck.

Keep up the great work and best of luck with the beginning tat class.

Gina said...

So ...maybe they'll let you enter it again next year in the proper category? That only seems right.

Quayceetatter said...

Beautiful work and it all should have gotten a ribbon! Very happy for you getting blue ribbons on most of the tatting. Our fair starts tomorrow and I have made the changes with the Extension for more tatting, ribbon and Brazilian Embroidery catagories. Thanks for sharing your entries!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your winnings

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Congratulations, I think everything you entered deserved a ribbon.

battatter said...

Great entries! Congratulations on your wins, you deserve them. I personally love the flower garden doily!!
Carol