Well, it's been a little while since I've posted. I've been tatting, but not finishing anything until today. The doily is coming along slowly; it keeps getting pushed aside for other projects.
This wreath ornament is the end result of almost a week of frustration. It is for a round robin, and I had a snowflake about 2/3 finished when I ran out of metallic thread. Then I restarted with plain white and gave up after 3 tries because I just kept bungling it. All in all, I've learned some new things and am pleased with what I have completed.
The pattern is an adaptation of the medallions in Tatting Alaskan Style by Georgia Seitz. The thread is size 20, another orphan ball from Dad's stash (note to self - mark all thread balls when removing the wrapper for future generations of tatters!).