Tuesday, July 22, 2008

#27 & Design Challenge

I've been taking a little bit of a break from tatting to work on a baby shower gift for a friend, but I made time to complete this snowflake for Sharon's Design Challenge. Once again, I have found the limit of my skills and learned a lot in the process. As it sits, the snowflake doesn't hold its shape, even with lots of starching; however, I'm thinking that a mounted photo in the middle could solve that dilemma and make a nice tree ornament or refrigerator magnet.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so amazing to see each person's interpretation of the design challenge. If you do mount a photo of it and make a tree ornament I hope you share the finished product with the rest of us on your blog! :)

Marty said...

Isn't it interesting how we all look at the same shape and come up with and end work so different from each other? I do hope you put in the picture for a nice tree ornament -- and that you post the result!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like your design! I think a photo in the center would be perfect!

Iris Niebach said...

A big compliment for your design, a good start. If you want to give it a bit more shape, you could go around with a thread with seed beads on it in fitting color with the beads you used, and passing from the second picot of the leaves al around, joining at following picots with lock join.
Iris

Needledreams said...

Love it! Totally different from the other versions. It looks so frilly with the beads.