Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Checking In

Just an update, since I feel that I've been away for a little while. I've finished 2 more rounds on the purple doily and am trying to find a way to get a better picture, one that gives better representation of the true colors. I just have 2 rounds left until it's finished, so I'm hoping to have the photo situation resolved by then. Any suggestions would be very welcomed - a photographer I am not!

The Farm Show starts on Sunday, so I need to finish sewing the lace onto the table runner and the tea towel if I want to enter them. I must be in a bit of a funk this week, because I don't care much for the tea towel. It was fine before, but now that I pulled it back out, something about it is not making me happy. Maybe it's just the competetive perfectionist in me thinking that my work isn't good enough. I have to say that some recent events in an online tatting group have also put a damper on my spirits this week.

So . . . we'll just keep on keeping on. I'll let you all know how the Farm Show plays out - what I decide to enter and how the judging goes. Entries have to be submitted on Sunday afternoon, and judging takes place on Monday morning.

Stay tuned. . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the farm show. Looking forward to the pics of what you've done.

Lois said...

Don't be nervous about the show.
The fact that your work is good enough to enter a contest with your peers already shows that you are a talented lady.
You don't need a ribbon to prove that.
Relax, have fun and good luck to you!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The farm show sounds like a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to pictures!